Thursday, September 21, 2006

Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow

Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of the beginning of this rambling ramshackle blogspot. It was a sad start for me. An entire year has gone by and so much and so little has happened. An entire year. I am so thankful for the friendships that I have found. I treasure them, truly. I anxiously await the news of a new baby girl born today. Last night we sat around the fire pit on their deck, watching the flames, the stars, and the little boys, playing. The next day would be so different for them. Today we welcome a new life.

Today I share my life with two new babies of my own. Over the weekend I was trolling Petfinder and these two sweet peas popped up about four hours away from where I live. Something made me pick up the phone and call the shelter to see if they were available. Snowflake and I went and got them on Tuesday. He was such a good roadtripper for me.

Meet Frankie and Ginger(their given names, I'm not changing them because they know them). Ginger is the brindle ingenue who should have never been bred. Apparently after she had a litter of seven puppies the owners son came down with allergies and they were dumped at the shelter. I don't think they're even a year old.

My mother thinks I'm a fruit bat, but I say life is richer with dogs. I love caring for them. Everyone(that would be The Chidler) is adjusting as well as can be expected. We make a fine motley crew.

L'chaim!



This is not the face of an ingenue; this is an old soul in a new body -- wary, wise to her own long past, on to the wiles of the world, and having miles to go before she sleeps.
-- Sarah Ban Breathnach, Something More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new babies. They are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I can't wait to hear about Mike & Annie's lil girl!!!!!! FILL ME IN!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy J! She just called me and it went like a dream and they now have a beautiful bambina who is everything they could have dreamed of! She went in at 7AM and by early afternoon baby girl was in the world. Hopefully Annie will be out of the hospital today. Mason was a very proud brother, although he couldn't help but give her new toes a little pinch to make her, as Annie said, "squawk". That's all I'm saying because it's their story, right?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new puppies. :)

When we adopted Genevieve (she was 4 at the time), the person who worked at the rescue said that they advise people to change the dogs name, because the dog may associate the old name with abuse or bad times at their old home, and they suggest giving a dog a new, happy name for their new, happy life.

When you think it through, though, I don't see why the dog would care one way or the other what their name is, as long as their life is happy, but we took her advice, and 'Sheila' became 'Genevieve'. :)

Oh, I tagged you for a book reading meme. :) Hope you don't mind.

Anonymous said...

You are the sweetest Fruit Bat I know of! And Frank & Ginger are two lucky little pugsters. How nice of the Chidler to let them share living quarters.

My mom is coming up Wednesday with her two babies, Lulu her pug and Maggie her Boston. Ab & Em are always glad to see them.

The more the merrier.

Lulu says hi

Anonymous said...

Thanks Crystal! Hope you're feeling better!

J- Is Genevieve Madeline's Genevieve? I took your advice after reading a bit and "modified" their names.

Jimmy I tried the link and couldn't see anything. Like it wouldn't be cute, I'm sure!

BTW, sorry for being behind on commenting on everyone's comments. I feel like I have barely any time to write now. Snowflake comes to work with me and then I have the puppinos to love. Ugh. It's a good Ugh, though.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the blogiversary, and on the adorable new pups.