Sunday, October 22, 2006

Steaming Cup of Matt

Him: Good evening and welcome to Starbucks. What can I get you tonight?

Me: How about a big luscious steaming cup of you, Mr. Man?

Him: Excuse me? Uh, can you repeat that, please?

Me: Matt? (feeling like too much of an ass to repeat that line)


Silence

Me: Um, can I get a venti non fat with whipped white mocha?

Him: That will be $4.48. Please pull forward.

God! I don't want to pull forward now. I slowly inch my way up to the window and see a young man at the window. I also see Sylvia as I pull up (completely red faced and freaked out).

Me: (to the young man) I am soooo sorry. I thought you were my neighbor, Matt.

Him: That's okay.

Sylvia: Hi Heidi!

Me: Did you hear what I said?

Sylvia: Oh yeah. You know his name is Matt too, she says laughing. Your neighbor works tommorrow.

Me: Okay, thanks. Have a good night.

I feel like a total ass. This Matt is in high school and I tell him to keep the change from my five as I speed away as fast as possible laughing at my mistake.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I wanna know is, was he yummy? wait, that's wrong, becuase he was in High School. I forgot that part. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Oh J. He's very sweet, but one those that although they may be kind of shy and prone to acne at this point, they will be devastatingly darling when they grow up. My neighbor razzed me about being pedophile. GAG. Thanks, but I'm no Mary Kay Letourneau. Man, I had a hot weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh My God! That is the best thing I've heard in a long time. Don't fret, you probably made little Matts day.

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP! I'd have done the same thing too, except we have those dumb poles in the way. So, I'd probably hit that pole on the way out of burning rubber to avoid too much eye contact with that poor boy!

I have to know, since I am new to reading your blog... Is the Matt you were really "flirting" with hot?

Anonymous said...

you are my kinda funny mamma

Anonymous said...

Karlana...I almost knocked off the side mirror, not paying attention. As far as "Matt" being hot, um, I'm sure his wife thinks so. They are my next door neighbors. I do however wish there were a single, HOT steaming cup of sexy man for me there, not Matt. Thanks for stopping by!

Mod Mom- HELLO! Thanks! Mos Mom is the Swankiest, most stylin' Modest Mam. Period. Thanks for commenting!

Anonymous said...

That was great! Very funny.

Anonymous said...

You probably made his day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was really, Heidi. So typical of "Heidi", isn't it? Coming from Heidi.
LOL
LOL